Ok, I appreciate all your help.

I understand why I shouldn't use Software Manager for this particular
installation. One other thing....after I install these drivers from console
mode, should I edit my XF86Config-4 file as well, BEFORE rebooting?

and what should I do in case X will not start afterwards?

Roger

On Thursday 22 November 2001 02:17 am, you sent me this message:

--
Registered Linux User 244036
Since August 2001 - LM8.0