On Sat, 24 Nov 2001 19:46:29 -0600, "Mr. E." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>
   Only slight problem.. when I finished a race in Tux Racer, the system
   locked and wouldn't respond (tried Ctrl-Alt-F1, etc but no good)..
   Ctrl-Alt-Delete didn't work either. I had to press Reset button.

<snip>

hi,

  someone posted about the 2nd-to-the-last resort of rebooting a system (reset is the
last). its something like

  alt+prntscreen+R
  alt+prntscreen+E
  alt+prntscreen+S
  alt+prntscreen+B

  or something like that (please correct me if im wrong). they said it would write the
necessary data from memory to harddisk and perform a reboot (or was it a shutdown?). i
have never found any docs about this but it works (if i hit the right combination of
course ;-)

ciao!

--

"Programming, an artform that fights back."

Anuerin G. Diaz
Design Engineer
25/F Equitable-PCI Tower
ADB Ave. cor. Poveda St.,