Hi All,

This is going to be a very elementary question...but  it's my first time!

I'm going to try to install the NVidia Drivers from their website onto my
system. I find so much conflicting information in all the installatin guides
and readme files that I'm totally confused.

I have an idea of what I'm supposed to do but.......?

First of all, I downloaded the following files, which by the way downloaded
into my home directory..../home/me/ (is this correct?)

        NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-1541.i386.rpm
        NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-1541.mdk80up.i386.rpm

I'm relativley sure I have the correct files due to the fact that the only
other choice for LM is for SMP kernel, which from what I read is not what I
want. I have one CPU running LM8.0

Secondly, I'm told to exit the X server and set my default run level as to
boot to console and not start X?

Thirdly, am I "upgrading" or "installing"?

Lastly, Do I install/upgrade in sequence.....ie: kernel first then glx?

Remember folks, I'm a virgin.....take is easy on me, I'm trying!

TIA,
Roger

--
Registered Linux User 244036