There are several other news sites that also have information on this
review by Gartner. And they all focus on the fact that the review is
sponsored by Microsoft.
I am positive that this is just another attempt from Microsoft to convince
" the rest of the world "  that there is no life outside their windows.
Which apparently is a very narrow viewpoint.

The best thing to do is talk about linux and let the people that listen
know that it works. And that it is better in stability than windows.
That there are lots of applications that can pretty well compete with the
windows counterpart (Wordperfect, K-Word, Abiword, Gnumeric, K-spread,
GNU-cash etc.)

Word of mouth helps.

Paul