At this time I see no objective reason for splitting up
Microsoft ... what purpose will it serve? And why is Bill Gates
so dead-set against it? What's the threat? Is it just a
comfort-level thing? A nuisance change that he's concerned
about? Or is it a huge threat to their monopoly? In fact, the
remedy is seen as tepid by some people who are not M$ fans.
Perhaps the latest suit is not a strong one .... are there ones
that are? But litigation is such a slow and contentious process,
I just think M$ is able to play that game better than anyone
else (sounds painfully familiar).

Has anyone really figured out a market that hasn't been tapped
yet, within the industry, that Microsoft hasn't and will not be
able to steal? Maybe better innovation is the answer, not
litigation. Just wondering.

The only real desktop option out there is the Mac .... thinking
of kids, adults, etc .... and it seems that there needs to be
more of an effort by others to become more user-friendly. There
just doesn't seem to be a huge market out there for "power"
users .... or even curious users who are willing to struggle
through what seems like techie,
hard-to-understand-on-a-higher-level-than "it says so in the
manual" attempts to solve *many "wierd" techie problems. It's a
shame about the IMAC not cutting it for people beyond the
fanatical ... what are you basing that opinion on, besides what
you see personally?

I would *love to see a product that will give a lot of people a
highly usable alternative to M$, because I dislike their
tactics.