Sridhar wrote:
>> I noticed that you said in an earlier post that you had trouble
importing your fonts. Have you tried using DrakFont (part of the
Mandrake Control Centre)? <<

Of course. It's a very limited tool, but it did make some TrueType fonts
available to the system and some of the programs are using them for
display. They do look better than the dreadful defaults used otherwise.

But it's not enough for printing or serious work. You don't get an
acceptable character set, only ISO 8859 that does not include true
typographic apostrophes, quotation marks, and other important
typographic characters. KFontInst should do what I need to do with both
Type 1 and TrueType fonts and I'll be able to select a proper character
set, but I'm still puzzling out how to do the preliminaries as described
in the KFontInst "manual."

Do you know how to get rid of all those ugly fonts that are listed in
DrakFont? I tried highlighting them and telling DrakFont to remove them,
but it wouldn't. Didn't tell me why, either. I would keep a Helvetica, a
Times, and a Courier from the screen fonts listed and would like to dump
the rest. I have added several TrueTypes for screen display.
 --Judy Miner