It was Fri, 29 Jun 2001 09:38:39 -0500 when Mark Johnson wrote:

>I'm spending most of my time installing the system, installing RPMs, and
>configuring files.... I can't figure out how to install an RPM as myself, is
>that possible?

This is also security related. Root is the only one on a system allowed to
write to the RPM database etc. But take heart, as soon as most of the system
is set up and running, you should not be needing that anymore. Unless you like
playing around with things...

Paul

--
"It's in process":
So wrapped up in red tape that the situation is almost hopeless.

http://nlpagan.net - Registered Linux User 174403
       Linux Mandrake 8.0 - Sylpheed 0.4.99
    ** http://www.care2.com - when you care **