Mandrake has urpmi and urpme. If you add your user to the urpmi group you
will be able to (un)install RPMs without logging in as root.

There is also sudo, which can be configures to allow a user to access any
root task you wish.

I personaly see these as a bit of a security risk, so I just su for a short
moment to (un)install my RPM.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson