It was Fri, 29 Jun 2001 15:14:20 +0100 when n6tadam wrote:

>The "pressing things", are just maintanace scripts that I have written, but
>I am having to change the permissions on the logfiles each time.
>
>And before you say it :-), Cron is insufficient to do my logrotation.
>Instead, I use a perl script that I wrote.

Hi Thomas,

Could it then be an option to run that perl script in the system cron?
Although I guess you already tinkered with that idea.
Can't you keep a su'd xterm open for this? Minimized/hidden, for your use
only?

Paul

--
"It's in process":
So wrapped up in red tape that the situation is almost hopeless.

http://nlpagan.net - Registered Linux User 174403
       Linux Mandrake 8.0 - Sylpheed 0.4.99
    ** http://www.care2.com - when you care **