I stand corrected - thank you.  I have been mounting
my local NTFS partition read-only for quite some time,
but did not know that SAMBA allowed you to write also.

Aside from the SAMBA clarification, does anyone have
any other thoughts about the pros and cons of getting
into the Mac architecture?

--- Randy Kramer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Mel Roman wrote:
> I know that you can
> > similarly use SAMBA to serve files to a Windows
> > client, but I understand that this would be more
> > limiting (the linux box cant write to the Windows
> > partitions, etc...).
>
> The Linux box *can* write to Windows partitions
> (using Samba).
>
> Randy Kramer
>
> > Want to buy your Pack or Services from
MandrakeSoft?