I use win2000 for work every day, (in fact I am writing this email using
it.)

It has service pack 2 and all updates,, and I crash it twice a day without
fail,, i use my OS's very hard,

and for long periods, I have been working at this box for 15 hours straight
now, with an average 10 different programs happening... Win98 used to crash
totally every hour, win2000 crashes totally twice a night.. not perfect but
much better then 98.. neither work anywhere near as well as linux, my test
box is a low end Ppro200 with 48mb of ram, and it served 7 domains for both
website and email, scanned all email (3-4k daily) for virus's.. and shared
the net to the network downstairs, ran portsentry and a firewall and several
other apps, all on that crappy system and it lasted 3 months before I had to
go in and restart some services...

So I have a high opinion of linux for that reason...

rgds

Frank