One comment I feel the need to respond to is the suggestion that we put
things in weird places.

There is a Linux Standard Base, and there is a File Hierarchical Standard
adopted and we comply with it.  We have had to move many things to do that
over the last several distros, but we are there.  Not a lot of other distros
can claim that.

In addition, we use integrated menus so that the desktop you try tomorrow
will have a familiar menu arrangement and you don't have to be running KDE to
use KMail or Konqueror or GNOME to use GNUCash or Galeon.  In this structure
we are consistent with Debian and Connectiva, but not the others.  Helix Code
(Now Ximian) GNOME has difficulty with that menu structure, and KDE KMenuEDit
can cause problems if you use it AND menudrake for KDE menus (if you use
KMenuEdit, then never use Menudrake for that same user).  Similarly if you
use Ximian, then select the option to use their menus.

There is nothing weird about our placements.  It is known as sponsoring and
complying with standards so that there may someday be a nice commercial apps
base for those who need them.

Civileme
QA Team