Just because something is different doesn't mean it should automatically
be harder. As easy as RPM's are to use they still aren't as good as
installing something on Windows or the Mac OS. You shouldn't need to
hunt for an extra "anything" not even if its as close as your own CD. It
wouldn't be making Linux "Windows-like" to fix that problem it would
just be making it more simpler and easier to use. You could always opt
to compile from source if you need to personally test your own manhood
when installing software.