Jim Dawson wrote:
> I just upgraded my computer from 256MB to 512MB. Is there anything I need to do to
>optimize the computer for the additional memory?  My swap partition is currently
>256MB.

Well, since some computers require that the amount of memory be
specified during installation / startup of Linux, I imagine some
computers will require that line be changed to specify the new amount of
memory, but I really don't know, and I don't know whether some computer
that didn't require it at the initial installation might require it
now.

Try: less /proc/meminfo and confirm that it shows something around 512
kb of memory.  If it doesn't get back to the list -- maybe someone else
can tell you how to fix it.

Randy Kramer