Marcia wrote:

> On Wednesday 12 June 2002 12:26 pm, you wrote:

> I knew that you are not supposed to mix different kinds of memory so my plan
> was to take out the simms and put in two 256 megs of sdram dimm ram into the
> dimm 168 pin slots. I thought that might work for getting my much desired 512
> megs of ram. Will this make a big difference for my speed given the processor
> info above?
>
>  Thanks for the great thoughts and
> suggestions.
>
> Marcia

I'll be honest & say that *as a guess* one of two things will happen
with your desired 512 mb's of ram:

a) the comp will puke & refuse to boot.

or

b) the comp will boot fine, and you'll be happy.

General & Vague I know but i've had some experience with 200mz
Pentiums.  I've found in general that is the case.  In one case I had ot
remove one of the simms (or was it a dimm?) because I knew that although
the memory was good, the BIOS wouldn't go higher than 256Mb of Ram.  NO
matter what I did, it just threw up & gave plaintive little beeps :(

--
Femme

Good Decisions You boss Made:

"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux.  I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert