By "old Divx movies.." you are referring to DivX 3.x ? Yeah sure... afaik
all players for linux that support DivX can play it well. I personally use
MPlayer, which supports something like 50 different formats, including all
versions of DivX (even the latest 5.something), asf, mpg and so on. There
is a lot of documentation on their site and in the tarballs about how it
works, so I won't waiste my time writing pages of repeated text ;-)

Greetings
Ralph

--
Homepage: http://tuxpower.f2g.net/