On Tuesday 04 June 2002 06:13, you wrote:

> > I found a small DivX trailer file to download and got it to work
> > with the linux DivX movie player. It would not work with Mplayer
> > for some reason. The name of the file  that I downloaded was:
> > Contact.zip which when unzipped (linux extract prog)became two
> > files Contact_movie.avi
> >                divx.log
> > So far, I cannot find any sites to download full length
> > movies,seems like this field needs a audiogalaxy type setup.
>
> Let me guess: You didn't intall the DivX codecs first, or download
> libavcodec to add the the tarball of Mplayer (CVS versions)?
> Otherwise it should have worked I guess.. in fact I know. Actually
> I have never seen a player that supports so many different file
> formats. DivX was just one of the main ones, and trust me... it
> DOES work great ;-)
> Ralph

You are absolutely correct, I simply applied LM8.2's own Mplayer
version which came with the distro which is Mplayer v 0.50-3asp . Now
this is no good you are saying?
If so which particular version would be better and does it have to be
tar ball versions, are there no rpm 's that are just as good ?

Also, thank you all for your replies , there is certainly something
to follow up here. thanks.

John

--
John Richard Smith