On Wednesday 05 June 2002 00:07, you wrote:

> On PLF you can find mplayer-gui rpm, both compiled and source
>
> Smiley

Ok I found mplayer-0.90pre4-fr1.src.rpm,but as soon as I start to
recompile:-

[root@localhost pk]# rpm --rebuild mplayer-0.90pre4-fr1.src.rpm
Installing mplayer-0.90pre4-fr1.src.rpm
error: failed build dependencies:
        libdvdread-devel is needed by mplayer-0.90pre4-fr1
        SDL-devel is needed by mplayer-0.90pre4-fr1
        divx4linux is needed by mplayer-0.90pre4-fr1
        lame-devel is needed by mplayer-0.90pre4-fr1
        libvorbis-devel is needed by mplayer-0.90pre4-fr1
[root@localhost pk]#

Now there are lots of rpms with similar sounding names either
installed or on LM8.2 distro discs but none are what is needed here.
They all appear to be the wrong versions.
So now I'm stuck.
John
--
John Richard Smith