DivX is not the same as the now defunct Circuit City DVD competitor
wannabe Divx. DivX (also called DivX:), I believe it is) is a form of
video compression. So no, you can not play your Circuit City Divx disc
on Linux (or anywhere else for that matter). At least you have a nice
Abyss coaster. ;)

Vince