On Wednesday 05 June 2002 06:18 pm, John Richard Smith wrote:
> I've lost the thread about changing my compiler version, which one
> do I have to have.
> John

    Type 'gcc --version'  in a terminal.  That'll probly return
'2.96'.  When Red Hat 7.0 was released, it had a real buggy 2.96
version.  Mandrake's 2.96 is completely different.  So to get around
mplayer's authors rants about gcc 2.96, compile their source with

./configure --disable-gcc-checking
make
su (give root password)
make install

--
    Tom Brinkman                    Corpus Christi, Texas