On Thursday 06 June 2002 03:38, you wrote:
> > I've lost the thread about changing my compiler version, which
> > one do I have to have.
> > John
> > John Richard Smith
>
> well, you can use any, but if you use Mandrake's default you will
> have to use an extra parameter no make the ./configure not check
> it.
>
> anyhow, they recommend 2.95, or any version 3.0.1 and above.
>
> your Mandrake CD's include a gcc version ( not installed by default
> ) that works fine. i think it's 3.0.4 or something.
>

> HTH
>
> Damian
Well, I seem to have,
gcc-cpp v2.96-0.76mdk
gcc v2.96-0.76mdk
gcc3.0 v3.0.4-2mdk (gnu compiler)
gcc3.0-cpp v3.04-2mdk
so any of these should be OK ?
It doesn't seem to matter then  that so many compiler versions are
present at once, they don't get confused then ?
John
--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]