Hey, you don't have to reboot to change IPs anymore. <grin>

I wish more of this M$ bashing energy was put into making linux a more
viable solution.

Here you have a MCSE (started with MS networking when I was 23) who is
completely willing to switch to linux. I earned my MCSE to battle the
"you're a dumb kid" comments and it worked. I back it up with years of
experience from the DOS days where you needed to know things such as
low-level formatting, IRQ's, etc.

Most computer concepts and usage comes very easily to me. After
stumbling with linux on and off I have to say that Microsoft has a good
thing going. They have a total solution that works pretty well. If most
of these companies and users had to wait for linux they wouldn't be
where they are today.

Understand that I REALLY want to switch to linux but you seem to wonder
why people just don't get it. Its not easy, its not even close. I have
been able to learn more about Windows and creating an entire corporate
network in less time than it has taken me to figure how to open a simple
MDB file in linux.

You can call me names, tell me I'm stupid or ignorant. It won't change
the fact that a VERY experience computer user is having trouble with
'the best operating system ever'.

I have to say that since I've joined a few mailing lists I've received
more help for free than I have from Microsoft.

When I started with my latest stint of linux usage I choose from three
packages, RedHat, SuSe, and Mandrake. RedHat lost because I'm somewhat
scared they are getting proprietary, but I'd probably use them on the
server side. SuSe lost fast because I couldn't even install it on my new
Dell, no network card found. I settled on Mandrake, also my neighbors
2nd choice. Here I am, an MCSE that has gotten a clue if you will.