Joshua James wrote:
<giant snip>

> Understand that I REALLY want to switch to linux but you seem to wonder
> why people just don't get it. Its not easy, its not even close. I have
> been able to learn more about Windows and creating an entire corporate
> network in less time than it has taken me to figure how to open a simple
> MDB file in linux.

I will only address this part as its one i'm familiar with.

I will not call you names, nor will I insult your intelligence Joshua.
Thats uncalled for here.

However, I understand what you're saying.  And I'll just tell you what I
learned the hard way:

Linux/Unices in general are just different.  Theres teh M$haft way, and
then theres Your way *with most Unices you can configure to your hearts
content.  Not so with Windows.*.

Shrugs, I used to defend Mickeysoft, I stopped.  Why? Because I realized
there isn't a "better OS" out there *sorry to break your hearts
Linux-geeks of the list*.  There is, however, an OS that allows you
complete freedom of choice.  The caveat being, you must be willing young
Padawan, to steep yourself in the knowledge that allows you to change
the OS to suit you.  Is it tougher? no.  Different? yes.

Much knowledge you will acquire young Jedi. :)
--
Femme

Good Decisions You boss Made:

"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux.  I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert