---------------------------------
[25] Fergie - we haven't won the league I say
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, November 28, 2000 by bar-knee:
As we're made 1/12 on favourties for the league with the bookies, Fergie rightly tries
to calm this nonsense talk down.

"I have heard a lot of stuff which has amazed me in the past few days. Yes, it's been
a good weekend for us, but we  won't be getting distracted from what we have to do.
We certainly won't be talking about winning the title until March or  April. If you
are out in front then, it makes it more difficult for  teams to get back at you.
There's a long way to go before we get there, the pride of our players will mean they
stay focused.

They have proved time and time again that they have the appetite for the battle. So,
we'll just concentrate on what we're doing and let other people say what they like"

---------------------------------
[24] Bizarre: Mexican exorcists
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, November 28, 2000 by redend:
Exorcists in Mexico City are reporting a booming trade with one priest reporting a
female client who growls like a dog and speaks in a man's voice. Rev Alberto Juarez
said of one of his clients: "She began to speak in the very ugly voice of a man. It
was frightening. I tried to hug her and she began to growl like a dog."

I think all of us lads have to hold our hands up and admit we are familiar with that
one - picking up someone in a darkened nightclub and then getting a bit of a shock
(spelling mistake?)? Come on - aren't we? .......Oh - just me then? .........Anyway,
take Crocodile Dundee's advice and always check the undercarriage before take-off -
especially when in the vicinity of Canal Street.

Come to think of it though - there's a much simpler and far more evil explanation to
the above Mexican tale. Its known in the trade as a female Scouser. Beware - there is
no cure.

---------------------------------
[23] We're not Champions any more
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, November 28, 2000 by redend:
Contrary to popular belief - (or should that be "unpopular" seeing as it came from ABU
General Alan Green) we were not World Club Champions for only a matter of days. That
Brazilian tournament went by a different name - not that I'm trying to get into a Mony
Python - Life of Brian - People's Popular Front of Judea debate - or anything.

Anyway Boca Juniors have now taken our crown as World Club Champs - or the
Intercontinental Cup or whatever it is - by beating Real Madrid 2 - 1 in Tokyo.

Wonder if the man of the match got a nice big key like Giggsy did last year.

---------------------------------
[22] More from Captain Phil Neville
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, November 28, 2000 by bar-knee:
"It was my boyhood dream to lead out a Manchester United team. You look at others who
have captained the club, like Bryan Robson,  Roy Keane, Steve Bruce and Eric Cantona,
and it is unbelievable. I have always been known as one of the younger members of the
team,  but at Watford I was playing with a lot of lads with less experience,  so I
just tried to pass some of it on."

It will be a great experience for us. The young lads won't have played in front of
that many people before but they have been brought up at this club knowing the
expectations. We are taking reach round as it comes. We had a really tough game at
Watford in the last round but performed really well. It's been four weeks since then
and a lot of the lads haven't been  involved in the first team since then, so a lot of
the lads are  treating these games like their cup finals.

Luke did brilliantly at Watford and so did Ronnie Wallwork -  and both have featured
in the first team since. If we keep progressing in this competition and the lads keep
impressing there will be more first-team opportunities for the lads."

---------------------------------
[21] Phil Nev gets very excited - let's go for all 4 trophies!
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, November 28, 2000 by bar-knee:
"The Worthington Cup is not the highest of our priorities but we can still go out and
perform well, as we did at Watford. I am sure all the lads who play tonight are
desperate to win this competition - and so is the manager. The strength of our squad
enables us to be going for every  competition we play in. In the past we have probably
not been able to do that, but now the depth is so good we can go for every competition
we play in.

The boss has made this competition one where he can blood some of the youngsters and
it has paid dividends - we have gone on to win championships and the European Cup
through the experience of playing in these kind of matches. But the lads who play
tonight are desperate to win the Worthington  Cup - it is one trophy we haven't won
recently."

---------------------------------
[20] Sunderland's viewpoint
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, November 28, 2000 by bar-knee:
Sunderland full-back Chris Makin: "I've played against United a few times, but I've
never  won. The closest I have come was last season at the Stadium of Light  when we
were winning with just a couple of minutes to go and they  equalised from a
controversial free- kick"

Apparently Sunderland have never beaten United in any cup competition so from both a
personal and club point of view, it's overdue. But I am sure it will be a great game.
There's sure to be a full house, everything is set up for a tremendous cup tie. We've
just had two great away wins at Newcastle and Charlton so our fans will be up for it."

I was born in Manchester and I supported United when I was a boy. I still go to Old
Trafford with my  children when I get the chance. We want to go all the way to the
final  but I think Manchester United will put out a stronger side than they  did in
the last round at Watford and we know how hard it is going to  be."

Peter Reid: "We were poor at Old Trafford. We did not compete so we will be up for it
tonight. It will be a lively game. They are the best about but I am sure we will give
them a game."