---------------------------------
[22] Nedved being watched?
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, March 24, 2001 by tb:
According to Planet Football Martin Ferguson has been sent to watch Nedved in action
for the Czech Republic against Northern Ireland on Saturday.

---------------------------------
[21] Transfer system sorted?
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, March 24, 2001 by tb:
Err don't count on it!

The transfer system was officially overhauled on Saturday as 15 European Union heads
of state joined forces with UEFA president Lennart Johansson and FIFA president Sepp
Blatter to ratify the accord reached earlier this month.

At an EU Summit in Stockholm, the heads of state gave their approval to the proposals
of the FIFA/UEFA task force.

---------------------------------
[20] More Eric interview fallout
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, March 24, 2001 by tb:
Word is that Deschamps and one of the journalist will sue Eric.
sad bastards !

---------------------------------
[19] George back on the booze
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, March 24, 2001 by tb:
>From Ananova:

George Best is back on the booze despite warnings that it could kill him.

His agent Phil Hughes says he is "worried sick" about the ailing 54-year-old star.

He says Best has been unmistakably drunk during phone conversations in recent days.

The former Manchester United star has pulled out of two public appearances in the past
10 days.

London-based Mr Hughes plans to fly over to Northern Ireland to visit Best in the
fishing village of Portavogie, Co Down, where he moved last year to escape the
pressures of London life.

Best, whose glittering career was cut short by heavy drinking, retreated from the
capital after treatment for a serious liver complaint and a warning to stay off
alcohol for good.

He fell off the wagon once - prompting his consultant Professor Roger Williams to
publicly criticise those who continued giving him drink - but had stayed dry after
returning to his native Northern Ireland.

However, he hit the bottle again last week after ill-health forced him to withdraw
from a charity dinner in his honour at Old Trafford, according to his agent.

Mr Hughes said: "I find it very disturbing that people are serving him drink over
there.

"If they feel that they're able to add to George's problems by serving him alcohol,
it's something that may be on their conscience."

Best was to have provided commentary for the BBC at tonight's Northern Ireland World
Cup qualifying fixture against the Czech Republic in Belfast but pulled out, citing
continuing ill-health.

---------------------------------
[18] Speechless!
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, March 24, 2001 by tb:
Owen was man of the match - total bolloxs

---------------------------------
[17] Becks on victory
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, March 24, 2001 by tb:
"We needed Michael Owen's goal because our confidence was a bit low. We kept on
fighting and our character was good.

"When we went in at half time the coach said it was 1-1 and that we needed three
points. He said 'go and do it'.

"My goal has been a long time coming. I enjoyed it - it was a great moment for me ...
to win was even better.

"I love scoring goals and scoring one for England after all the hype was great.

"Michael got us back into it and I hit the target and scored. I felt I did quite well
today. It is whole team and their character that impressed me."

---------------------------------
[16] Ingerlund 2 Finland 1
Posted Saturday, March 24, 2001 by tb:
Becks the hero, seemed like the scousers were saving up the abuse for next Saturday.
Andy should have scored and will probably be slaughtered, but he set up St Michael
(who had been crap)and was far the better alround striker. Heskey did what he always
does - fall flat on his arse when he sees the penalty area - I doubt Hyppia will speak
to him for a while after that.

Hardly a convincing performance though

And more importantly no Red injuries to report