---------------------------------
[14] White Lines
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, November 11, 2001 by tb:
Maradonna's testimonial

6-3 for Argentina against a World Team

Eric and JSV scored one each with 2 goals for Maradonna

---------------------------------
[13] Still some Derby tickets available
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, November 11, 2001 by tb:
Derby County (Home)
Weds 12 December 2001, 8pm

Sales to Non-Members

Tickets will be on sale to the General Public (subject to availability) on Monday and
Tuesday 12th and 13th November from 9am until 5pm by telephoning the MUFC Ticket Line
only on 0161 868 8010. A valid debit/credit card is required (please note an
administration fee of 3% per transaction is charged).

Online Applications

Members can still make an online application.

We regret that due to the number available, no guarantees can be given.

Seat Prices (Non Members)
(subject to availability)

North Stand 3rd Tier £22
East Upper £24

A half price facility is available to under 16's and over 65's.

---------------------------------
[12] Boavista briefs on open sale
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, November 11, 2001 by tb:
Boavista (Home)
Wednesday 5 December, 19:45

Sales to members

Sales will continue to Members, who can purchase a seat on a best available basis from
the Ticket Office only on Monday and Tuesday 12 and 13 November from 09:00 until 17:00
(subject to availability) on production of their membership card or voucher 44 (duly
completed) whichever is applicable.

Additionally, Members can make an immediate postal application enclosing match ticket
order form, relevant payment and sae.

Online Applications

Members can make an online application now.

Sales to non-members

Sales will then commence to the General Public, who can purchase a seat on a best
available basis from Wednesday 14th November until Friday 16th November from 9am until
5pm. Alternatively Supporters can purchase a seat by telephoning the MUFC Ticket Order
Line on 0161 868 8010 on the same days, however this service is available from 9am
until 7pm.

Additionally, Supporters can make an immediate postal application enclosing ticket
requirements, relevant payment and sae.

Seat Prices

Seat Prices are as follows (subject to availability):
North and South Stands Upper and Lower £28
North Stand 2nd Tier £26
North East / West Quadrants Upper and Lower £24
East and West Stand Upper £24
Family Stand £24
North Stand 3rd Tier £22

A half price facility is available to over 65's and under 16's.

A further announcement regarding availability be made after 5pm on Friday
16th November.

---------------------------------
[11] Another bloody rumour!
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, November 11, 2001 by tb:
>From Lazio Mania

In today's Rome-based 'Corriere dello Sport' reports say Juan Sebastian Veron is
unhappy in England at Manchester United. The Argentine star hasn't been able to find
any good contact with media and fans and would like to return to Italy as soon as
possible.

The possible destination, Lazio.

---------------------------------
[10] Veron's mate on his way?
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, November 11, 2001 by tb:
>From Daily Soccer:

Manchester United FC board are interested in Real Madrid Argentinean midfielder
Santiago Solari, Marca states. English side's Juan Sebastian Veron is a close friend
of Solari and is chosen to conduct the negotiations with him. Both players played
together at Universidad de la Plata.

Manchester United head coach Sir Alex Ferguson doesn't hide his interest in Solari and
he will ask Veron for making Solari aware of Manchester's intention.
Incidentally, the price of the Real midfielder is 5 billion pesetas (about 25 million
dollars) and his contract with Royal clubs expires in 2004.

Solari doesn't have his own agent so far and is compelled himself to conduct all
negotiations.
Italian club S.S. Lazio are interested in the Argentinean midfielder as well, but the
negotiations between both clubs had no result. Nevertheless, Lazio have not lost their
hope to sign Solari.

---------------------------------
[9] Becks on the spot
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, November 11, 2001 by tb:
"The manager always says before the game who takes penalties, and every time we've
played he's said it's me.

"It's an extra responsibility and an extra added pressure but I just enjoy scoring
goals."

---------------------------------
[8] Becks: Not arsed
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, November 11, 2001 by tb:
"I suppose it was harder to get ourselves up for this game because of the last one".

"It was a carnival atmosphere out there, I was surprised by how good the fans were,
there was no tension and people were just enjoying themselves.

"The manager said to us beforehand that he wanted to win the game so much, and we
tried to."

---------------------------------
[7] On the other hand
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, November 11, 2001 by tb:
McCarthy keeps his fingers crossed over his Capt:

"I hope there's no reaction to it, the 24 hours after a match can tell you a different
story.

---------------------------------
[6] Keano ok
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, November 11, 2001 by tb:
As McCarthy says:

"I've spoken to him and Roy's fine. He played the whole match and was great, no
problems.

"Yes, he'll be going with us."

---------------------------------
[5] Taylor: We shall not be moved
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, November 11, 2001 by tb:
'The message the players have sent out is that you mess with the PFA at your peril. We
realise this TV deal probably represents the peak of TV money for football. If we
don't protect our interests now we risk being discriminated against in the future.'

---------------------------------
[4] Stabbed in the back by one of his own
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, November 11, 2001 by tb:
As Cragnotti says:

'The players lose their way when they know the coach is leaving. They are like sailors
on a ship who know the captain is about to jump.'

'There was much to learn from our experience. United don't seem to have thought it
through properly and they have done themselves damage as a result.

'Ferguson is an institution there and it is difficult to send away a man who has been
there so many years. But if they really want to do the right thing for themselves as a
club, they should change their manager quickly.'

---------------------------------
[3] But then feels the need to carry on
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, November 11, 2001 by tb:
'I enjoy my football more than at United, although I never expected this. Under
Ferguson I had to win my tackles and headers and quickly give the ball to one of the
other players. I had to focus on my defensive job only, nothing else. At Lazio I am
one of three central defenders and I play on the right. I can go forward whenever I
have the chance.'

---------------------------------
[2] Jaap sticks his oar in
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, November 11, 2001 by tb:
'I am flattered when I hear that they are missing me and that everyone is convinced
that my transfer was the worst deal of the summer. People and friends in England tell
me this more and more.

'While I was at United, we won almost everything we could. Since I left, I have
noticed things have gone wrong, especially in the League. You can probably imagine
what I feel like right now, but I won't say any more about that. It is probably better
I leave it at that.'

[1] More Mickey misquotation?
Posted Sunday, November 11, 2001 by tb:
As everyone reckns this qoute "It's one of the biggest clubs in Europe". "It's
difficult to find a better club, a better football life."

As meaning that he wants to leave before Xmas??

Err what about it means he wants to stay?