RED NEWS - MUFC Daily News by Email. For the very latest news and more check out the
website at http://www.rednews.co.uk

[29] More Becks
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, November 21, 2001 by redend:
David Beckham: "The performance was the big thing and we played a lot better than we
have all season. It is disappointing when you are 1-0 ahead with five minutes to go,
but you have to remember it was Bayern in Munich. It is not the worst result in the
world. We wanted to get a result and play better than we have been doing. We did that
and can take heart from that."

"I thought we had won it when Ruud Van Nistelrooy scored . But we know what Bayern can
do, they can come back from anything."

---------------------------------
[28] PFA - matches can go ahead
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, November 21, 2001 by redend:
The PFA's Gordon Taylor has re-emphasised that matches can go ahead on December 1st &
2nd as long as cameras aren't present. It is only if the league refuse to remove
cameras that the players will refuse to play.

"We have sent strike notices out to the chairmen of every club warning of industrial
action from 1 December.

"It will affect all league games where there are cameras either for live transmission
or recorded highlights, though there is no reason why the games cannot go ahead if the
television cameras are not present"

[ADVERT]

http://www.ukaffiliates2.com/u/iwanto/b.asp?id=57529&p=http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/spy_cam.htm

IMAGE REMOVED FROM EMAIL VERSION OF NEWS Check http://www.rednews.co.uk

IMAGE REMOVED FROM EMAIL VERSION OF NEWS Check http://www.rednews.co.uk
  Covert Spycam

This is an awesome bit of kit - a spy camera with a thirty metre range, and both a
colour picture and audio. You can hook it up to your VCR or TV using the wireless
receiver which plugs in easily via a SCART. It comes with a fun fake book, so you can
surreptitiously pop it in the bookcase from where it will record whatever you point it
at. It also has a threaded mount that will fit any standard tripod (not included). Now
you can keep an eye on the baby, the babysitter, the front door of the house, the back
garden or, well, we're sure there are plenty of other things worth keeping an eye on.

http://www.ukaffiliates2.com/u/iwanto/t.asp?id=57529&p=http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/spy_cam.htm
 Click here for more info and latest pricing

[/ADVERT]

---------------------------------
[27]More Fergie comment..
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, November 21, 2001 by redend:
.. on last night.

"I thought we fully deserved a victory to be honest. We started to open them up with
some terrific football in the midfield. We pushed Scholes forward a little and created
some great inter-changing play."

"It was a fantastic performance by them, and we'll just have to pick ourselves up.
It's a decent result for us and we'll have to be happy with that."

---------------------------------
[26] Croatian Keeper watched
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, November 21, 2001 by redend:
According to reports in Croatia Fergie has held talks with Hajduk Split keeper Stipe
Pletikosa

The Croatian national keepers representatives are reported to have met with Fergie at
a Munich hotel on Monday.

A Croatian paper says that Martin Ferguson and Mick Brown have watched him 6 times in
the Champions League for Hajduk Split and World Cup qualifiers for Croatia.

---------------------------------
[25] Fortune - silence the knockers ...
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, November 21, 2001 by redend:
.. as Dwight might say to Jordan.

Quinton comments on the recent slagging of United:
"They have their opinion and sometimes it hurts when you see it on TV or in
newspapers, but we just try to rise above it."

"You have to be man enough sometimes to admit yourself when you don't play well and
you have just got to work harder and try to be more focused. The most important person
to listen to is the gaffer because he will always tell you the truth.

"He is the one who picks the team and makes all the decisions so I think he is the
most important person to listen to,"

---------------------------------
[24] Cameras out
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, November 21, 2001 by redend:
Not.

Looks like we are going to see a strike as the Football League are refusing to remove
cameras from the grounds on the weekend of December 1st and 2nd.

Football League chief executive David Burns whined:
"Cameras will be at the football grounds that weekend. Players have an obligation to
the clubs. They have a standard contract - if they are chosen and selected to play
they are obligated to play. If they don't that will be a matter between them and their
club."

---------------------------------
[23] Sheep Trials Day #2234
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, November 21, 2001 by redend:
Today Bowyer was prancing around in front of the jury in clothes he claims to have
worn on the night he is accused of assaulting a student.

Asked to fasten the leather jacket by his lawyer Bowyer said:
"I have put a bit of weight on. I am injured at the moment."

His lawyer: "Injuries make you fat do they?"

Bowyer: "They do for me, yes."

[Lets hope he gets very very fat over the next few years]

Bowyer walked from the witness box towards the jury & onto a step. Some of the 7 women
and 5 men of the jury left their seats to watch. [Sit Down? Obviously not an all
seater at Hull?]

The Judge told Bowyer to shut it after he tried to get a bit of banter going with the
jury when he asked them if they could see alright.

The prosecution has alleged the shoes Bowyer handed in to police were not the ones he
wore on the night Sarfraz Najeib was assaulted in Mill Hill, Leeds, in January last
year.

The jury was shown video footage of Bowyer leaving the Majestyk nightclub on the night
Mr Najeib was attacked. The footballer claims the light shining from the side of his
foot is his skin because he was sockless at the time.

The prosecution claim the shoes Bowyer was wearing on the night had a buckle on the
side.

[Who do you believe?]

Mr de Silva asked the footballer: "Do you dislike socks or have an hatred for them?"
Bowyer replied: "It's like a thing back in London."  [You wot?]
Mr de Silva said: "Sockless in London?"
Bowyer said: "I can't explain it. It's a thing that we did."

Bowyer, 24, of Leeds, his team-mate Jonathan Woodgate, 21, of Middlesbrough, Paul
Clifford and Neale Caveney, both 22 and from Middlesbrough, all deny causing grievous
bodily harm with intent to Mr Najeib, 21, of Rotherham, South Yorkshire. The four also
deny affray.

---------------------------------
[22] Today's Posh & Becks story
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, November 21, 2001 by redend:
Today's "sell my book / film / record" by mentioning Posh & Beck's story

David and Victoria Beckham are the modern-day equivalent of Adam and Eve, according to
a leading celebrity psychologist.

Dr Petruska Clarkson says Posh and Becks follow in the footsteps of a whole generation
of celebrity couples. They include Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, Elizabeth Taylor and
Richard Burton, and Josephine and Napoleon.

She says we need figures who we can idealise and demonise. [And sell our book / film /
record]

"Posh reached her icon status by being a role model and representative of a new
generation of young women who believe they can have it all, whereas Becks achieved
icon status by achieving excellence in his field. The combination of the two evokes
mythological comparisons. Human beings have an intense and abiding interest in magic,
as witnessed by the Harry Potter phenomenon. [Ah another name to sell my book / film /
record]

"I believe Posh and Becks do have a shelf life. It is likely that something will go
badly wrong for one or both of them; the marriage breaks up or another celebrity
couple catches the attention of Britain. The couple is a particularly potent symbol
because of the mythological level it invokes. Whoever follows the Posh and Becks
recipe carefully is not unlikely to have their 15 hours or so of fame. We saw Geri
Halliwell and Chris Evans attempt something like this unsuccessfully."
Dr Clarkson adds that celebrities have become the new olympians of the 21st Century.

"They are the new gods and goddesses of olympia whose fates and fortunes we follow
with unceasing interest. Humankind's need to make meaning of life will always be with
us. If we did not have figures like Posh and Becks we would have to create them or
become them ourselves. People can either aspire to be like them or they can share
vicariously their troubles and achievements without having to take the risks that Posh
and Becks choose to take."

[All I can add to that is - What a load of shite.]

[Oh and look out for the Harry Potter, Posh & Becks threesome exclusive in the next
issue of RED NEWS]

---------------------------------
[21] Becks on GMR
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, November 21, 2001 by redend:
Becks speaking on GMR:
"We were one-nil up with five minutes to go, so it's a little bit disappointing."

"But at the end of the day we were playing in Munich against Bayern Munich and we got
the draw so it's not the worst result in the world. I think we played a lot better
than we've played probably all season. We broke them down in the second half and we
had a few chances. We can take heart from that."

[20] Keano in diplomatic mood
Posted Wednesday, November 21, 2001 by redend: