RED NEWS - MUFC Daily News by Email.
For the very latest news, the fans forum, and more,
check out the website at http://www.rednews.co.uk

[5] Bestie latest
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, November 25, 2001 by bar-knee:
>From Ananova

'George Best is continuing to recover from a stomach complaint in a Cyprus hospital.

He fell ill while on holiday with his wife Alex.

His manager says he is expected to be released in the next few days.

Best is believed to have contracted a mystery virus from an air conditioning unit.

His manager, Philip Hughes, says the 55-year-old is more susceptible to illness after
being weakened by years of heavy drinking.

"I'm sure if you or I had picked up the same virus we wouldn't be as ill," he said.
"George was made well aware by his doctor that it was never a case of just stopping
drinking and that would be it.

"He said it would take at least two years. He has been 12 months without a drink and
he has no intention of having another one."

Mr Hughes says Best will either fly straight back to England or spend a couple more
days on the island when he leaves hospital. He will be back in London for his
television commitments next weekend.

Best fell ill in the southern resort of Limassol. Doctors at the private clinic say
his stomach virus has nothing to do with his liver or alcohol.

Mr Hughes says Best is "as happy as he could be".'

---------------------------------
[4] Get well Guy
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, November 25, 2001 by bar-knee:
We would like to wish Guy Roux a good recovery. A great manager, a
great man, a personal friend of Fergie and the first manager of Eric.

'AUXERRE coach Guy Roux has undergone heart surgery after he fell ill
at the club's training ground on Friday.  The 63-year-old suffered a heart attack on
Friday and was immediately  rushed to the Saint Joseph Hospital in Paris to have
surgery.'

---------------------------------
[3] Hofland fuels fire
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, November 25, 2001 by bar-knee:
"I read that United are interested in me in the newspapers virtually every day. When
it comes true I will be honoured. From when I was nine I had a dream and that dream
was Manchester United. I'm honest about that. I definitely want to play there one day.
That dream has to come true. I'm crazy about England. Every Saturday and Sunday I
watch English football on television and it's fantastic. That's why I'm sure my future
lies in England."

---------------------------------
[2] PSV angry with United - again
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, November 25, 2001 by bar-knee:
Here we go again

PSV Eindhoven president Harry van Raj on Kevin Hofland

"It doesn't surprise me that they are in contact with Hofland behind our backs. I'm
not surprised at anything when that manager of Manchester United is involved because
he has a reputation for doing these things."

---------------------------------
[1] First goalscorer odds
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, November 25, 2001 by bar-knee:
At our request Sporting Odds have supplied the missing (on Friday)
first golascorer odds for the Arse match:

R.Van Nistelrooy 5/1
A.Cole 6/1
D.Yorke 6/1
O.G.Solskjaer 6/1
P.Scholes 8/1
D.Beckham 10/1
J.S.Veron 12/1
R.Keane 16/1
L.Chadwick 25/1
N.Butt 33/1
D.Irwin 40/1
L.Blanc 40/1
W.Brown 50/1
G.Neville 66/1
M.Silvestre 66/1
P.Neville 66/1

RHT: Still clinging to the Blanc value - a power header - beating the
great Sol Campbell to the first corner?

Place your bets here with
http://www.sportingodds.co.uk/adserver/scripts/ict.dll?click?rnews0 SportingOdds