As far as MS goes, you do get a break on licensing since the allow you to
license by the socket.

> Great responses so far!  You've all given me even more to think about.
>

> A few other questions:
>

> 1.       From a DR perspective, or perhaps just for rebalancing the load
> on a host machine, how does moving from one host to another with
> different HW impact the VM, or is it transparent?
>

> 2.       Does Virtualization impact your domain security requirements in
> any way?
>

> 3.       NIC Utilization - Shared NICs or separate for each VM?
>

> 4.       OS & App licensing - can we expect any reduction in licensing
> requirements?
>

> Thanks!

> Roger Wright
>
> Network Administrator
>
> Evatone, Inc.
>
> 727.572.7076  x388
>
> _____

Think green. Please consider the environment before printing
 CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information contained in this transmission is
privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the
have received this transmission in error, do not read it. Please immediately
reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error and then
delete it. Thank you.