No it doesn't, but it is important to understand the costs of having an
in-house (BES) system.

You are going to have to buy the following

Blackberry Enterprise Server

User CAL's

T-Support (unless you want to fly with no support).

Now this of course isn't including the cost of a server and a Windows server
license. I run mine in a VM but used to run it on a desktop class PC.

Carriers charge for a BB Enterprise wireless plan as well and that's needed
to use BES. That's probably where that $20 charge is coming from. I don't
think I have seen a carrier yet who doesn't charge for the enterprise fee.

If this is all cost prohibitive, you should change course to Windows Mobile
for sure.