From: Ben Scott [mailto:mailvor...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2009 9:45 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Blackberry Server question.

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 8:25 AM, Todd Lemmiksoo<tlemmik...@all-mode.com>
wrote:
> One
> of the sales guys told me the $20 /month/phone is for a piece of
> software Nextel puts on the phone to interface with the BES.

  That's horsesh*t.    The BB handhelds come with everything they need
to talk to a BES.

  I think Nextel is trying to fleece you.  Either that, or this is some
kind of SaaS deal, or Nextel is offering to rent the BES CALs, or
something like that.

  Again: On VZW, we don't have to pay anything extra to use our BBs with
BES.  Given all the other crap VZW pulls -- the don't just nickle and
dime you, they quarter and dollar you -- I'm kind of amazed to hear of
another carrier charging more than VZW does for something.

-- Ben