From: John Aldrich [mailto:jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com]
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 6:28 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Server monitoring solution recommendations?

You could look at What's Up and see how you like it. I used it at a couple
different places. Not sure how well it handles virtual servers, but it's
pretty good on monitoring interfaces, etc. It'll even monitor websites and
see if it can log into a website. Had a PC at a previous job running WUG and
had it alarm with a siren whenever there was a problem with a website
(pretty frequently) that we ran at that employer. It was really fun when the
siren went off in the call center... :-)