On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 12:54 PM, David Lum <david....@nwea.org> wrote:

> We use Groundworks/Nagios here, and I know each time we’ve changed the
> person who manages administering it (add/changes tests, etc) they go through
> extended PITA moments.

I'm trying out Groundworks/Nagios now, using a VM appliance that has
their Community Edition 6.0 installed. It's not exactly what I would
call clear sailing, tho - I can't seem to find a step-by-step setup,
especially for use on Windows servers. I see where I can create
service profiles, but what do I add to them? There are 5 CPU tests;
what's the difference between them, and which one would be best for
me? Can't seem to find that part out ... and so on. Frustrating ...
And this is the "simplified" way to do Nagios? Woooo ....

Somewhere I came across references to software that needs to be
installed on the Windows hosts, but that's all it was - a passing
reference ...

If you've got, or know of, a guide to setting it up to monitor Windows
hosts, I'd love to see it. :-)