Hey

On 1 April 2015 at 17:04, Daniel Hartlehnert <dah...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Because it also means to constantly click in the viewer before pressing
> "A" to make sure it has the focus.

You don't need to click in the viewer, just have the mouse hovering over
it.

On 18 April 2015 at 05:55, Diogo Girondi <diogogiro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> since you can't actually differentiate what is purely masks from what is
> paint or both.

Just in case you weren't aware, the channels affected are rendered on the
Nodes in the DAG. This is done as color-bars on the bottom left of the
Node.

For example, in the image below you can see that ColorWheel1 is providing
RGBA, RotoPaint1 is providing *and* potentially affecting RGBA, Roto1 is
only affecting A but providing RGBA and Roto2 is only providing/affecting A.

​
As for performance, I think it's fair to say that the fewer channels a Node
operates on the faster that Node will be.
​
--
Frank Harrison
Senior Nuke Software Engineer