Hi,

On Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 1:57 PM Rohit Goswami <rgosw...@quansight.com> wrote:

> I guess then the approach overall would evolve to something like using the
> mailing list to announce discourse posts which need input. Though I would
> assume that the web interface essentially makes the mailing list almost like
> discourse, even for new users.
>
> The real issue IMO is still the moderation efforts and additional governance
> needed for maintaining discourse.

Yes - that was what I meant.   I do see that mailing lists are harder
to moderate, in that once the email has gone out, it is difficult to
revoke.  So is the argument just that you *can* moderate on Discourse,
therefore you need to think about it more?  Do we have any reason to
think that more moderation will in fact be needed?  We've needed very
little so far on the mailing list, as far as I can see.

Chers,

Matthew