I sent an email to supp...@osuosl.org last night and got a response in 30
minutes.

OSUOSL admin says:

> Looks like varnish died on the machine and I just kicked it. The site(s)
> should be back online now.
>
> The sites have been in an unstable state for quite a while mostly
> because neither we (OSL) nor Sun/Oracle had time to fix the performance
> issues both of the sites entails. Couple that with the fact that the
> machines they power those sites are very underpower considering the load
> they take. It's gotten so bad that we've turned off notifications
> because they just go off all the time.
>
> What really needs to happen is to have the sites completely
> re-architected from the ground up with scaling in mind. At least one of
> the sites is a stock Drupal 5.0 with a very hacked core. I know some
> Sun/Oracle engineers had been working on fixing that into a Drupal 6
> module but I'm not sure where that left off.
>
> Anyways, If you would like some more help with how these sites can be
> fixed moving forward, please let me know. But we are strectched thin for
> resources.

It looks like these two sites are going to need attention whether they are
physically moved or the servers transferred to the ASF.

Rob says:

> Can we make it a priority to migrate these two site to Apache?  We
> need volunteers to do this.  Nothing happens by magic here. We need
> volunteers to define the technical requirements and work with Apache
> Infrastructure to make this happen.  Hopefully we'd make some platform
> and technology choices that would be more stable than the current
> site.  I'd recommend moving and then asking Oracle to redirect
> requests for those two subdomains to Apache.

We did get a zone file yesterday, but it was missing these two domains. I think
that the track is to transfer the domain and zone dns to the ASF first and then
we will be able to do what we want.

Regards,
Dave