Am 10/22/2011 12:16 PM, schrieb Manfred A. Reiter:
Hi Rob, Kazunari-san, Marcus, *

2011/10/22 Marcus (OOo)<marcus.m...@wtnet.de>

Am 10/22/2011 02:33 AM, schrieb Kazunari Hirano:

Hi Rob and all,

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 8:52 AM, Rob Weir<robw...@apache.org>    wrote:

So these are user lists.  Will we want language-specific translation
and localization lists at some point?  That is why I thought it would
make sense to have "user" in the name.  So then in the future we can
have, e..g., ooo-translate-de, etc., if needed.

sounds great for me ;-)

You are right!

How about letting them discuss on what kind of native language lists
they would like to have in the future in their general native language
list like ooo-general...@incubator.apache.org ?
:)

May I propose a way to create a native language list?
:)
In general we create a native language list if requested and as requested.
("oo" means an ISO language code)
1. First someone should propose ooo-general...@incubator.apache.org at
ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
2. Once created, in ooo-general...@incubator.apache.org they will
discuss in their language about additional lists for their language.
3. They discuss on names of lists etc. then they propose additional
lists for their language like ooo-users...@incubator.apache.org,
ooo-translate...@incubator.apache.org and more.

"Let them discuss what they need in their language" the best way, I think.
:)

Yes, but that are decisions in the future, after first AOOo release, and when
the community is growing ;-)

Wouldn't this also mean "tell us which MLs you need additionally and we (the
PPMC) will
create them."

no, that doesn't mean that at all.

But I've understood it this way. ;-)

Finally, this will lead to the same ML structure like in the old OOo project.
And this is the point we want to avoid with a new ML handling, right?

A user-list at this time is probably uncontroversial and general-list as well,
Of course, this general ML must have a very strong link to
ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org.
Decisions are made only her on  ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org.

A users list for talkings and a general list to discuss development wrt the specific language (features, localization, etc.) is OK. Everything else should be well argued.

So, I'm OK with creating one new ML for other languages but we should be careful
with creating>  additional ones.

Yes, we should only create these lists, if we have the moderators, as
Rob proposed in his first email.

and BTW Marcus, if it should be ONE user-list for pt-br and pt-pt should be
a decision of the native speakers we have just here with us. ;-)

It wasn't my decsion, just an opinion. So, no problem to create "pt" and "bt-br" lists if the people wants it.

Marcus