Williamtfgoossen at cs.com wrote:
> Sam,
>
> this below - demographics not relevant in the EHR is like the most
> confusing comment ever I heard from you.
>
> About whom are we going to create a EHR then? If it is not possible to
> have the individuals name, id, birthdate and sex in the EHR (generally
> named patient demographics), it becomes useless in my vue.
>
> Or do I miss a point here?
Hi William,

yes, in fact, what he meant was that the more comprehensive demographic
information modelled by the openEHR demographic model is not directly in
the EHR, it is in dempgraphic information objects, which would typically
be in their own service - particularly in Europe where legislation
largely requires this to be the case. This does not of course mean that
demographic information of clinical significance would not be in the
EHR, e.g. date of birth, sex, occupation etc. The archetypes that would
model these elements are based on the EHR part of the RM, not the PARTY
and related classes from the demographic part of the RM.

- thomas beale