Sam Heard schreef:

> Hi Bert and all
>

> The demographic model was proposed a long time ago and is meant to
> support a demographic service -- like a PMI. These archetypes are not
> in the EHR. The EHR and demographic service can share archetypes like
> data_structures, clusters and elements and for this reason it is worth
> aligning them.
>

> The Ocean archetype editor was built before ADL and works by using the
> ADL parser and XML parser. The reference model is hard coded as a
> class. TO work with another reference model it is necessary at the
> moment to hard code another class. A generic approach to this is
> possible and may in time be useable.

Thanks for explaining. In my previous message, (before reading this
one), I went already into this subject.

It is also clear, in my opinion that Ocean has no obligation at all to
build any tool. It cost time and money to do so. And the community must
be grateful for what it gets. Me, I am. There work of ocean (and many
others) give me a wonderful business opportunity.

So, if the community misses demographic archetypes-editor, it is free to
build one, which I said, is not to hard for an experienced programmer,
and it can be done in almost any programming language, even in a
Word-macro, however, it is not the choise I would make.

> In the meantime, I just want to be clear that the demographic model
> archetypes cannot be used in the EHR -- they are not relevant there.

I don't understand what you mean here. In the EHR-Status is a PartyRef
(http://www.openehr.org/uml/release-1.0.1/Browsable/_9_5_1_76d0249_1140537614753_438721_176Report.html)

to connect the EHR to a Party (which is a demographic object, and thus
need a demographic archetype. But maybe I misunderstand what you say.

Bert