Hi Greg

No - we are not on the same page yet. Let me go back a step.

The demographic service (patient look up, address, date of birth etc) is
usually already existing when we add an EHR service. For this reason
openEHR, although it has a demographic model, has not had pressure to
implement it. The archetypes that you found on the openEHR site were built
by hand to demonstrate the application of ADL to another reference model
(you will find HL7 RIM archetypes as well).

Archetypes are specific to a reference model class - and the demographic and
EHR models are not the same (but data structures, clusters, elements are
shared by both). So it is possible to share cluster archetypes in the EHR
and demographic environments.

So archetypes of PARTY in the demographics area cannot be used in the EHR -
but a cluster for name or address can be.

Does that make sense now?

The newer ones under the person icon in CKM conform to the demographic model
. These have been created in Brazil.

There are cluster archetypes that also have demographic features - which can
be stored in the EHR (remember that the EHR model and Demographic model
share the cluster class.

I hope that helps - Sam