I agree with you Thomas,

Whether these tools are open source or just free as in beer (for
openEHR) - doesn't matter too much...for me it is far more important
that the tool does its job.
If there are open source tools that really do the job - fine....very
fine indeed, but if not, I for one, do not want to use tools just
because they are open source if we can have better ones that are just free.

Not sure where this discussion stems from, but I am reasonably happy
with the current Jira, Confluence and SVN approach and do not think that
changing this is a huge priority.
(It's not like there isn't anything on the foundation's priority list at
the moment :-)  )
But I may have missed the reasoning why openEHR's current tooling is not
sufficient in the first place?

Sebastian