As awesome as JavaFX is right now, for me it's greatest weakness especially
when compared to competing products is it's extremely rudimentary support for
3D graphics. Even the old Java3D was considerably more advanced.

Is beefing up 3D support in JFX9 seen as a priority and if so what features are
being considered?

I am not expecting a full-on rival for Unity3D but I am hoping to be able to
build complex 3D games and scientific visualisations using custom shaders etc.
and support for WebGL not just within WebKit itself but in a stand alone 3D
Canvas node with full and extra 3D features.

Of course all of this must work not just on the desktop but also on mobile
platforms and embedded where feasible.

Am I dreaming?

Felix