I'll answer a few more questions here, but really these belong
in the zylin-discuss mailing list.

[stuff deleted w.r.t. warnings, I'll have a peek at the current warnings
at some point]

> This one is better than the 4.5 version even though it still has the
> requirement for two phantom directories
> It can be fixed by removing those items.

What directories?

> The name of the directories in
> question seem to give the impression that the plugin
> will be cripple in some instances unless those are put it there.
> What are those ThirdParty parts?

What are they called?

> One thing I don't understand about that eclipse compiling is that I would
> consider a missing directory an error and not a warning.

Hmm... java doesn't "compile directories" or require empty ones... I don't
know what you are referring to here.

>>> When you get to the zylin website it is obvious that only windows is
>>> supported.
>>>

>> For my information: where does it say that only windows is supported?
>>
>> It certainly was not my intention to give that impression.
>>

> You haven't provided a working Linux binary since version 3.2

What binary are you referring to?

The update site works fine on e.g. Eclipse 3.5 w/Ubuntu 9.04.

There update site works on all operating systems, no special
linux binary required.

> I prefer to compile my own but many people do not.
> I think that the best approach on your site would be to ask people to
> provide packages for different distributions if you are not willing or don't
> have
> the time to do it. On the setedit and turbo vision projects we have done
> that and it has been very well received.
> Not too many people are interested in blindly copying plugins in the eclipse
> plugin directory and prefer to rely on people who know what they're doing.

The Zylin Embedded CDT is identical for all distributions of linux
or operating systems for that matter.

What is it that you are referring to that requires binaries for
a particular distribution?

--
Øyvind Harboe
Embedded software and hardware consulting services