Hello,
On Nov 25, 2011, at 10:46 , Peter Stuge wrote:
> I'm not sure OpenSC still supports OpenCT directly. Anyway, taking
> the detour through pcscd allows also other software than OpenSC to
> use the card, which was a requirement for me.
It can be compiled with OpenCT support, exclusively. But that's a corner case,
I believe 95%+ of people have pcsc-lite/CCID compatible hardware.

> Key is to build pcsc-lite with support for openct.
I guess you mean the opposite: build openct with pcsc-lite support.

> Watch out with udev rules if you also want to connect a USB CCID
> reader. That can be supported both by OpenCT and pcsc-lite. I choose
> to let pcsc-lite handle those in my system, so I have to take out the
> OpenCT udev rules so that OpenCT leaves them alone, but you may
> prefer to use OpenCT.

It would be nice if some OpenCT user would:
- remove CCID support from OpenCT default build
- make the pcsc-lite configuration semiautomatic

--
@MartinPaljak.net
+3725156495