2012/11/16 Peter Stuge <pe...@stuge.se>:
> Ludovic Rousseau wrote:
>> Andreas, the host available at opensc-project.org will disapear at the
>> end of the year 2012 [2].
>
> I think you misunderstood what Andreas wrote in his email.
>
> I think that what Andreas was saying is that someone else needs to be
> root and care for the machine.
>
> I don't expect that it will be any problem whatsoever to keep the VM
> around until whenever it is easy to change DNS, as long as someone is
> actually taking care of the system.

well, noone is maintaining the VM. so if we don't have enough resorces
for this now, it is not proper to assume we will magically have them
sometimes later. the more I think about it, the more I think using a
service is better than running your own server. github, sourceforge,
savannah, code.google.com - its not like we don't have options. worst
case I can do something, but it seems people already migrated all code
to github, so that part is taken care of. the mailing list is archived
in many other places, so I guess we don't need to migrate the mailing
list archive. as for the list itself, extracting subscribers and
asking them to subscribe somewhere (e.g. a new groups.google.com list
or some other place) should be easy.
as for trac: no idea what to do best. I think the wiki pages are
valuable. the bug tracking I see as nice to have, but not essential.
Of course if someone wants to invest time into this - then it is also
your choice to take the proper direction.

Andreas