On 03/19/10 08:13, Garrett D'Amore wrote:

> I'd rather see ksh93 based utilities (or rather libcmd based) with all
> the bells and whistles delivered into /usr/bin or perhaps /usr/ksh93/bin
> (and put at the head of $PATH) and leave /usr/gnu as a dumping ground
> for people who insist that they want GNU warts.

Perhaps you could leave the pejoratives out next time; it really doesn't
add anything to the discussion.  Like it or not, a significant number of
our customers (and a larger number of those we'd like to have as
customers) are familiar and accustomed to the GNU commands; referring
to their environment of choice as "warts" and "dumping ground" does
nothing useful.

- Bart

--
Bart Smaalders                  Solaris Kernel Performance
bart.smaalders at oracle.com    http://blogs.sun.com/barts