I've pulled together my preliminary thoughts on the relative priorities
of open sourcing the other Solaris consolidations, and would like you
all to comment on the list and priorities below.

These priorities are not temporally influenced: we did not list
consolidations as a "HIGH" priority just because they will be available
next and items that are "HIGH" may not be available for quite some time.

The priority should be a reflection of how important the
code/functionality is to the community, and I'm sure I didn't get it all
right. The goal of this is to give everyone a sense of what the
priorities for the program should be.

Feedback by next week (9/13) would be appreciated. We'll be rolling this
into a status dashboard that will be posted externally in the coming
weeks, so there will be opportunities to adjust the priorities moving
forward. Stay tuned for more information.

Thanks,

Karyn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Consolidation                                 Priority
------------------------------------------    --------
Sun Java System Application Server            LOW

OS/Networking                                 HIGH

Companion CD                                  MED

JDS/GNOME                                     MED

Network Storage                               MED

Solaris Freeware (SFW)                        MED

X Window System                               MED

Administrative Tools                          LOW

DEVPRO                                        HIGH

Documentation: Open Source Solaris Man Pages  HIGH

Client Network Services (CNS)                 LOW

G11N                                          MED

Install: Packaging Tools                      HIGH

Install: Rest of the consolidation            MED

Message Queue                                 LOW

Networking

Documentation: Open Source Solaris            MED
  Documentation

Documentation: OpenSolaris Documentation      MED
  Project

Documentation: OpenSolaris Resource Site      MED

Sun Hardware Partners (SHWP)                  LOW

Common Desktop Environment (CDE)              No plans to open source

J2SE                                          No plans to open source

OpenWindows                                   No plans to open source

SPARC Graphics (OpenGL and device drivers)    No plans to open source