Mark Sweeney wrote:
Thanks Stephen and Eric.

My intent is to produce a community. The development effort will be in-house, then released as open source once it is completed.

I'm not sure if this is just confusion stemming from the wording, or if there are other issues involved. But taken at face value, I think that's exactly the wrong thing to do.

Developing things "In house" and the releasing them when complete is something I suspect most (all?) of us have been hoping wouldn't happen.

If this *is* the intent, could I ask why that's the case?

-- Rich.