> >> of
> >>
> >> As far as I know all the affected machines are
> built
> >> around an ATI Radeon PCI-E chipset.
> >>
> > Are you sure.  The Apple MacBook uses ATI Radeon
> PCI-E
> >and OpenSolaris runs on it.
>
> Same as the Ferrari 4000.  Also ATI Radeon PCI-E.

 Yes but I did think somebody reported that other Acer Turion
models had the same problem.  I thought it was just HP and
Compaq models that had some sort of ACPI problem but the
but that it's related to now:
http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6413401
is related to a usb-uhci driver category problem?  And that the old bug
id 6413401 that is no longer in the database
http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6401605
was removed for security reasons?    What is the real scoop on this bug?

---Bob