On Wednesday 26 April 2006 02:07 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Same as the Ferrari 4000.  Also ATI Radeon PCI-E.

Last night I had installed a Ferrari 4006, the new model.

The screen did act slightly different, but a fix from Henry Zhao did get
things working for me (thanks to AlanC and StuartK for stopping by my office
to look at that).

I think it's worth noting that the 4006 ships with Windows x64 on it, this is
the first laptop I've seen with that system as a preload.

With Henry's fixed radeon_drv.so lib, everything worked fine and the 4006
seems to be pretty much hardware equivilant to the 4005.

I do not know about external monitors and how that does or doesn't work. I
have not had as good of luck with the f4k with projectors, and certainly not
as seamless as the 3400.

--

Alan DuBoff - Sun Microsystems
Solaris x86 Engineering